Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday

Same story yesterday - got most done, but not all. Here is what I accomplished -

Sunday's list, done:

-Cook chicken and assemble items for tacos tonight
-Clean kitchen
-Take a bath with my new bubble bath!
-Move cat tree downstairs
-Organize my room for 10 minutes (this wasn't timed, and it was unofficial - just felt like doing a little before bed).

Today (Monday), done:

-Breakfast
-Shower
-Work
-Lunch

Today, to do:

-Clean kitchen
-Empty cat litter (usually this is paired with trash but our can is full, so I'll just do this today)
-Clean out car
-Laundry (I have not been caught up for over a week...)
-Measure inseam for bike buying purposes
-Bring new jeans upstairs
-Email game night people about all games that are not mine
-Work on bedroom somewhat

Here's what's going on with the "bedroom" thing. It is the most neglected part of my house. I still have things partly unpacked on the floor from when I moved in! This is because 1. I only spend time in my room to sleep, and 2. No guests see my room. I realize these are not acceptable excuses, but this is why I have always put more effort into the rest of my house instead of my bedroom.

Now that I'm going to be sharing my bedroom come July, I need to figure out how to arrange it better. So I've made some progress, sorting through some junk on the floor, moving all my books to a bookcase downstairs, getting rid of a broken bookcase, rearranging some furniture, finding places to put stuff I want to keep, getting rid of a LOT of stuff. This is why the trash is full and we don't get it taken out for two more days! I am starting to build up full bags in my bedroom of junk - but that's a good thing. I don't want to keep stuff on hand that I don't need. I hate clutter!

So when I say "work on bedroom", this is not a mere room cleaning. This is figuring out what stuff to keep, what stuff to toss, what to give away, where to put things. The hardest thing for me is knowing what to do with "sentimental" things. I've been throwing it all in a bin, but I'll have to go through it once it gets full.

Update: 2:38 PM

Slight change of plans. Tomorrow we will have a truck and Joe has off work so we can pick out a Craigslist couch and bring it to my house, and also haul my old couches outside. I can't wait to get these things out of my house - I can only imagine the dust, pollen, mites, cat hair...since my allergies get so bad if I take a nap on it.

I really need to find my tape measure.

I started cleaning the kitchen - dishwasher is currently running.
I started the laundry - washing machine is running and I folded and put away everything.
Made progress on room.
Scooped cat litter.

Here is my revised list

To Do


-Clean kitchen
-Empty cat litter
-Clean out car
-Laundry
-Measure inseam for bike buying purposes
-Bring new jeans upstairs
-Email game night people about all games that are not mine
-Schedule craigslist people visits, map, research
-Get cash to buy a couch tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment